What You Get
$69 for a dinner for two at Michelin-rated Frontera Grill
- One street food-inspired appetizer to share
- Two entrees
- Two margaritas
- Click here to see the full dinner menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal.
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
- Select day and time online to secure reservation.
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
What You Might Already Know
- Frontera Grill earned the James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Restaurant in 2007.
- Rick Bayless was the season-one winner of Top Chef Masters on Bravo.
- As the host of Mexico – One Plate at at Time, Chef Bayless has spent nine seasons introducing viewers to distinctive recipes found in regions throughout Mexico.
- Chef Bayless has written eight cookbooks on traditional Mexican cuisine.
- Chicago magazine loves Frontera Grill, saying, "once groundbreaking, now a hallowed Chicago institution, Rick Bayless’s colorful, Mexican art–saturated flagship is the place to savor authentic and scrumptious regional dishes and stellar margaritas."
What You Might Not Know
- According to Fodor's, "Bayless visits Mexico annually, updating his already extensive knowledge of regional food and cooking techniques, and he frequently takes his staff with him, ensuring that even the servers have an encyclopedic knowledge about the food."
- In 2012, Chef Bayless was named to the Order of the Aztec Eagle—the highest honor that Mexico's government bestows upon foreigners—in recognition of his efforts to spread his passion for Mexican cuisine.
- Besides Mexican cuisine, Chef Bayless has a deep love for Thai food.
- Chef Bayless helped found The Frontera Farmer Foundation in 2003, helping provide financial support for small Midwestern farmers and ensuring that locally grown produce is available to the Chicagoland area.
- Chef Bayless used to buy his t-shirts from OMD in Pilsen.
- Chef Bayless is an avid ballroom dancer. Once, he even won the local Dancing with Chicago Celebrities charity contest, which raises funds to support the Susan G. Komen foundation.
Groupon Guide to Chicago
A Q&A with Chef Rick Bayless
Find out the Top Chef Master's tips on cooking for vegetarians and his five easy ways to make your margaritas taste better. He also tells us how he'd made guacamole–without avocados. Read more here.