What You Get
- 6-day tour of Cape Town and safari with airfare
- 17 options available, including departures in September, October, and December 2015 and January, March, April, and May 2016 from New York (specific gateway based on availability).
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $750 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 8/20/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price; travel insurance is highly recommended. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Cape Town Stay and Safari with Airfare
On this 6-day vacation from go-today, you’ll divide your time between one of South Africa’s most vibrant cities and an eco-conscious game reserve where you’ll get the chance to spot some of Africa’s most noteworthy residents, including lions, rhinos, elephants, and giraffes. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York
- A meet-and-greet upon arrival in Cape Town
- Transfer from Cape Town International Airport (CPT) to Cape Town hotel
- 3 nights of deluxe room accommodations at Townhouse Hotel or similar in Cape Town
- Buffet breakfast while in Cape Town
- Private transfer from Cape Town hotel to Aquila Private Game Reserve
- 2 nights of standard luxury chalet accommodations at Aquila Private Game Reserve
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner on full days and lunch on first day) while at Aquila Private Game Reserve
- 2 game activities (complimentary horseback riding and quad bike safari can be swapped out for one of the game drives)
- Saving Private Rhino tour and an Eco-Synergy tour
- Private transfer from Aquila Private Game Reserve to Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- All taxes
South Africa’s oldest city and legislative capital is situated near the African continent’s southern tip. The scenic metropolis is known for its fine dining, natural beauty, and creative spirit, all of which helped secure its place at the top of the New York Times’ list of 52 Places to Go in 2014.
- Castle of Good Hope: Built in the 17th century by the Dutch East India Company, this is one of South Africa’s oldest surviving colonial buildings. Learn about the history of the site via a handful of onsite museums.
- Waterfront shopping: The V&A Waterfront is lined with more than 450 shops as well as restaurants and boat charter companies.
- Get a bird’s-eye view from the legendary Table Mountain. Take an aerial cableway to the top for far-reaching vistas of Cape Town and the harbor.
Aquila Private Game Reserve
Located in the Southern Karoo region east of Cape Town, this popular reserve offers luxury chalet accommodations and once-in-a-lifetime safaris during which you just might see the Big 5: elephants, lions, buffalo, leopards, and rhinos. In your off time, you can relax with a drink next to one of two swimming pools or light up a stogie in the cigar bar.
- Other animals in residence: hippos, giraffes, and more than 150 bird species
- Two game drives: While you’re here, you can go on two drives or swap in a horseback-riding excursion or ATV safari for added adrenaline.
- Saving Private Rhino: Learn more about the park’s conservation and anti-poaching efforts during included tours.
Know Before You Go
- Official languages: English, Afrikaans, and several additional African languages
- Currency: South African rand
- Drive on the left side of the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Aug 20, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 8/20/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price; travel insurance is highly recommended
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $750 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About South Africa Vacation with Airfare from go-today
- Includes round-trip airfare from New York