7-Day Island-Hopping Vacation on Maui and Oahu
During this Hawaiian vacation, you’ll spend three days in Oahu before jetsetting to Maui to spend three more days soaking up the Hawaiian sun.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX (Los Angeles), SAN (San Diego), PDX (Portland), SEA (Seattle), SFO (San Francisco), and New York (JFK)
- Three nights of standard accommodations at the Aqua Park Shore in Waikiki
- Three nights of standard accommodations at the Outrigger Royal Kahana
- Flight from Honolulu (HNL) to Maui (OGG)<p>
Three Nights in Oahu
Fittingly nicknamed the “Gathering Place,” Oahu boasts Hawaii’s largest population—nearly a million people call the island home. It’s where you’ll find Hawaii’s bustling capital city, Honolulu, world-famous surf spots, unspoiled tropical rainforests, and Pearl Harbor.<p>
- Accommodations: Aqua Park Shore Hotel sits on the shores of Waikiki Beach. Amenities include an outdoor pool, a sushi bar, and free WiFi.
- Waikiki Beach takes surfing so seriously that they’ve got a bronze statue of surfing pioneer Duke Kahanamoku. See octopi and reef sharks at nearby Waikiki Aquarium, about a mile from the hotel
- Pay homage to those that died at on Dec. 7, 1941 at The USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, about 13 miles from the hotel.
- Go Hiking on the ‘Aiea Loop Trail, which wends deep into a jungle thick with the scent of lemon eucalyptus trees. Keep your eyes peeled for views of Halawa Valley.
- Local phrases: Hawaiians typically greet each other with “Howzit?”<p>
Three Nights in Maui
Even firsthand, Maui’s landscape looks like a postcard, filled with waterfalls, black-sand beaches, and volcanic mountains. <p>
- Accommodations: Outrigger Royal Kahana features an outdoor pool and easy access to the beach and shops and steakhouses at Kahana Gateway Center.
- Must-see attraction: Haleakala National Park, which has more than 30,000 acres containing waterfalls, endangered wildlife, and a 10,000-foot volcanic mountain that’s the island’s tallest.
- Wailea Beach offers prime snorkeling spots near the island’s south end. Travel + Leisure named it one of the best beaches on earth for its hidden coves and watersports.
- Local phrase: “Maui no ka oi,” which translates to “Maui is the best.”