- One chocolatier experience with Chow SF
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates; click to view the dates for the caramel-chocolate truffles demonstration or the caramel- and chocolate-making class
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
- Children are welcome to attend the truffle demo; the caramel- and chocolate-making class is for adults only
- Participants to the caramel- and chocolate-making class should wear clothes that can get dirty; aprons will be provided
- $59 for the 90-minute sea-salt-caramel-chocolate truffles demonstration ($125 value)
- $99 for the 3-hour caramel- and chocolate-making class ($175 value)
Both events will be held at Feve Artisan Chocolatier.
The caramel-chocolate truffles demonstration is capped at 20 purchasers; the caramel- and chocolate-making class is capped at 12 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
The aroma alone is enough to draw visitors into Feve Artisan Chocolatier: rich chocolate, caramel, notes of coffee and vanilla. Fortunately, Feve’s owner, Shawn Williams, gives the other senses get a workout, too, crafting his chocolate demonstrations and classes with mouths in mind. Guests can not only taste the indulgent, award-winning treats made during each experience, they can also bring home leftovers to share—or not.
Truffles Demo: Watch a Pro at Work
Williams demonstrates the skill required to create rich sea-salt-caramel-chocolate truffles, in which a dark-chocolate shell envelops a buttery caramel that mingles hints of vanilla bean with Fleur De Sel gathered by hand off the coast of France.
Caramel and Chocolate Class: Cook with the Chocolatier
Learn to make three caramel-based treats—chocolate-covered caramel popcorn, coffee toffee, and caramelized nuts—with simple techniques that can be recreated at home.
About Shawn Williams
Named one of the Top 10 Chocolatiers in North America by Dessert Professional magazine, Shawn Williams is the owner of Feve Artisan Chocolatier and an accomplished pastry chef. His skills have earned his company several Good Food Awards, as well as recognition from The Chocolate Salon.
Creating one-of-a-kind culinary events is Chow SF’s mission, and to do it they bring in experts who are equally one-of-a-kind. Partnering with specialized restaurants and award-winning chefs, they introduce food-lovers to the pinnacle of specific cuisines and crafts. And the flavors aren’t the only impressive thing on Chow SF’s menu—a portion of the proceeds from every event goes to support the SF-Marin Food Bank, helping to feed hungry people in the San Francisco area.