- $75 for a VIP all-access weekend pass to Cinema at the Edge (up to $125 value)
- When: Friday, July 11, through Sunday, July 13
- Where: Edgemar Center for the Arts
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the full schedule
Friday, July 11
- Red Carpet & Cocktail Hour (6 p.m.): Guests mingle with the stars and creators of the weekend’s film lineup.
- A Star for Rose (7 p.m.): Three homeless people from different generations find support in each other when their lives unexpectedly intersect on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
Saturday, July 12
- Journey to the 100 Man Fight (10 a.m.): “Real-life Karate Kid” Judd Reid began his journey into martial arts as a child, and in this documentary trains for the fight of his life: a marathon battle against 100 opponents.
- Look Closer (4 p.m.): A promising young actor seems to be on the verge of success, but a romantic encounter threatens his potential.
Sunday, July 13
- S.O.S.: Save Our Skins (12:30 p.m.): After a species-eliminating calamity, the future of the human race rests in the hands of a pair of empty-headed Brits entirely unprepared to face the zombies and other creatures they encounter.
- La vie rêvée de David L (4:30 p.m.): Two French directors turn David Lynch into a fictional character, weaving a tale of the director as a young student aswim in appropriately dreamlike imagery.
Cinema at the Edge
Cinema at the Edge is a relatively young festival, but the global gathering founded by Edgemar Center for the Arts artistic director Michelle Danner has already attracted a top-tier lineup of attendees. Previous years have welcomed guests including Susan Sarandon, John Singleton, and Brett Ratner, and David Mamet and the late George Hickenlooper have helmed panel discussions. And then, of course, there’s the main attraction: a schedule filled with dozens of features and short films from all over the world, loosely knit together by a theme of human connection.
Edgemar Center for the Arts
2437 Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405