- Admission to an improv comedy show
- When: any show of your choice through June 17
- Where: iO West
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: varies
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the show schedule
- $10 for two tickets (up to $20 value)
- $20 for four tickets (up to $40 value)
- Dasariski (Thursdays, 9 p.m.): Just as their name was formed by combining an element of each performer’s name into one word, so the members of Dasariski—Bob Dassie, Rich Talarico, and Craig Cackowski—combine their individual talents and one suggestion into a piece of thoughtful, long-form improv. The trio’s focus on believable characters and relationships leads to what L.A. Weekly called “comedic improv brilliance.”
- Opening Night: The Improvised Musical! (Fridays, 9 p.m.): Accompanied by live music, the singers-slash-dancers-slash-improvisors of Opening Night perform a Broadway-style musical on the spot.
- Orpheus Roy and Friends (Fridays, 10 p.m.): Eight improvisers create scenes inspired by movie trailers provided by the audience.
- The Armando Show (Saturdays, 9 p.m.): This 60-minute show features an all-star cast and a different special guest every week—a monologist known as the “Armando.” The highlighted individual shares personal stories, which the ensemble uses as the springboard for their improvisation.
Since it opened in Chicago in 1981, iO has been a beacon for the comedy world's luminaries and luminaries-to-be. Founders Del Close and Charna Halpern believed that improvisation could be more than simply games, and worked together to shape the often misunderstood comedic form into the free-flowing, longer-running artistic entity it is today. The resulting laughter proved too much to be contained by the Midwest alone, and in 1997, they raised the curtain on iO West. In the years since iO hosted its first show, more than 5,000 performers have walked through the doors of one—or both—training centers and theaters. A few of those individuals might be familiar: alumni include Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Adam McKay, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, David Koechner, Jack McBrayer, and countless others.