All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Single-Day Admission for Ages 5–11 on March 17–18
- Single-Day Admission for Ages 12+ on March 17–18
Iron Horse Family Steampunk Carnivale
Dapper aviators adorned in brass goggles and leather helmet show off their inventions while a debonair explorer uses her binoculars to look off in the distance, all among the backdrop of a steam-powered locomotive. Thus is the setting of Iron Horse Family Steampunk Carnivale, which runs March 17–18, 2018, at the Orange Empire Railway Museum. The two-day, outdoor festival celebrates the fantastic world of steampunk, from the genre’s Victorian-inspired fashion to its peculiar history in science fiction. Check out some of the festival highlights:
- Costume Contest: Guests are encouraged to dress in their finest Industrial Revolution attire, like waistcoats and flying goggles, for the chance to win best-dressed.
- Victorian Tea: Afternoon tea features a traditional menu of cucumber sandwiches and scones served alongside hot tea, not to mention strawberries with chantilly cream.
- Trains and Trolleys: Visitors ride on an authentic steam-powered locomotive and get around the grassy grounds on vintage trolleys.
- The Artisans: Craftspeople display steam-powered gadgets and steampunk jewelry for guests to admire and purchase.
- Workshops: Savvy steampunks share their knowledge, hosting educational sessions and workshops focused on the sub-genre.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 19, 2018. Valid for option purchased. This is a ticket. Use for admission to train. May only be used at the date and time indicated. No refunds, all sales final. Limit 25 per person, may buy 25 additional as a gift. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.