- $7 for one Child Ticket to Le Theatre de Marionette presents Jack and the Beanstalk, plus discount parking voucher (up to $19 value)
- When: Saturday or Sunday through July 5
- Where: Geppetto’s Theater and Workshop
- Seating: reserved rows 5–8, tickets issued at box office on day of show
- Box office opens 1 hr before showtime, theater opens 15 minutes before showtime.
- Additional tickets for children or adults may be purchased at box office on date of show and are given a ‘best-effort’ to sit together
- Parking: discount voucher provided at box office will discount parking to $5.00
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Jack and the Beanstalk
Magic beans are surely better than money. At least, that’s what Jack thinks when a magician hoodwinks him out of the family cow, offering him the legumes for payment. When Jack returns home, his mother is so mad she throws the paltry payment out the window. What happens next is as dazzling to young children as it is familiar to parents—a beanstalk reaches up into the clouds where giants live. The fun adaption of the children’s classic has the scarier parts of the giant removed, so even young children will enjoy the plot twist. The show is geared for kids age 3–15, and features a pre-show marionette demonstration and a post-show backstage tour.
Geppetto's Theater & Workshop
“It all starts with an idea and block of wood,” says John Hopkins, founder of Geppetto's Theater & Workshop. While that may be true for his meticulously hand-carved marionettes—which star in the full gamut of classic children’s stories from Hansel and Gretel to The Wizard of Oz—it took a little more for Geppetto's Theater & Workshop itself. John began his performances in a defunct bus station in Arlington, drawing in families with just the skill of his hands and voice, before achieving enough success to move to Dallas and expand his skilled team of puppeteers and voice actors.