What You'll Get
A good band is always in sync, which is why it's so fun to watch them eat soup together. Feel the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $27 for one ticket to see Lisa Loeb or Dar Williams (up to $49.50 value)
- Where: Tribeca Performing Arts Center
- Seating: rows O–S of the mezzanine
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Lisa Loeb on Thursday, May 22, at 8 p.m. Doors. open at 7 p.m.
- Dar Williams on Friday, June 20, at 8 p.m. Doors. open at 7 p.m.
- How you met Lisa: in the song "Stay (I Missed You)," featured in Reality Bites
- The historical significance of that song: it remains the only single by an unsigned artist to reach the top of the charts, and is the only song that can make Ethan Hawke cry
- How you've heard her since: her gold-certified sophomore release Firecracker, her softer 2004 release The Way It Really Is, and her latest, 2013's No Fairy Tale, which was co-produced by New Found Glory's Chad Gilbert
- Its sound, according to Loeb's website: "a poppy-punky-rock album"
- Where else you've seen her recently: appearing in episodes of Workaholics and Gossip Girl, promoting the Lisa Loeb Eyewear Collection
- How you know Dar Williams: her deeply personal lyrics about love and loss, gender roles, body image, commercialism, and alienation in the middle class
- How she got her start: on the college and coffeehouse circuit
- How she prefers to tour: on the college and coffeehouse circuit
- Her latest: 2012's In The Time of the Gods, which draws personal stories from the myths of the Greek gods
- The genesis for that concept, according to her website: while driving down the highway, she thought she'd like to write a biker song, then that she'd like to write an epic biker song, and eventually that she'd like to write a song about Hermes, the messenger of the dead
Tribeca Performing Arts Center
Opened by the Borough of Manhattan Community College in 1983, the Tribeca Performing Arts Center is the longest-running performance venue in lower Manhattan. Spreading culture throughout the surrounding community, the center fills its stage with musicals for all ages, cutting-edge theatrical think-pieces, big-name musical acts, dance performances, and educational shows about science, art, classical literature, and the environment.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 6 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Tribeca Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Tribeca Performing Arts Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.