Annual festival recreates 16th-century Europe with armored jousting, costumed entertainers, and family-friendly activities
About This Deal
- General admission
- Child admission valid for ages 5–12 years
- Free admission for children 4 and under
- Dates and times: weekends and labor day from August 18 to September 30
- Prohibited items: Firearms, outside food and beverages
- Pets allowed? Dogs are allowed, but require registration
About Minnesota Renaissance Festival
The Minnesota Renaissance Festival brings the 16th century back in vivid tapestry-color—and though the celebration only lasts a few short weeks, the festival has been a beloved local tradition for more than four decades, drawing more than 300,000 people each year.
Visitors can step through the gates, and explore recreated Renaissance-era buildings including stables and a castle. Nearby shops host more than 300 artisans, selling wares such as metal sculptures or lavish costumes. Tavern owners roast turkey legs over open flames, while entertainers continuously weave throughout the streets and perform on over 15 themed stages. Comedy, music, and full-contact jousting unfolds to the delight of the crowd.