Horses are known for their beauty, which is why so many of them are the spokesmen for makeup companies. Scout something pretty with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for a horseracing package for four (a $63 value)
- Where: Monmouth Park Race Track
- When: Any race day through Sunday, September 28, except Haskell Day on July 27;
- See the calendar of events
- Seating: Private box; click here for more information
- Door time: 11:30 a.m.; the first race takes place at 12:50 p.m. <p>
- Admission for four to the clubhouse (a $20 value)
- Four private box seats (a $12 value)
- Valet parking for one vehicle (a $10 value)
- Four official track programs (a $14 value)
- A $2 betting voucher
- $5 off at the gift shop <p>
Children 12 and under receive free admission.
The Scouting Report
With the 2014 season hitting full stride, the historic Monmouth Park Race Track hosts no less than three race days per week from now through September. That includes the 44th annual Irish Festival on June 8, a Fourth of July celebration, and special events throughout the summer such as live music performances. During each race, during each race, the private box seats afford some of the best views of the park’s dirt and turf tracks. In addition, every Sunday is family fun day, which features picnic areas and children’s activities such as clowns and pony rides.
Monmouth Park Race Track
On June 19, 1946, a veritable herd of racing fans—18,724 of them, in fact—galloped through the turnstiles at Monmouth Park Race Track. It was a gathering fit for a historic return, and indeed it was: 53 years separated that moment from the last time the track had hosted a race. Originally opened in 1870 in an effort to increase summer trade, Monmouth Park was immediately popular, earning the moniker “Newmarket of America," a reference to the famed course in England. Yet in 1894, the state of New Jersey banned wagering on horses, effectively ending the facility's operations. In the 1940s, though, a man named Amory M. Haskell lobbied to have that law reversed. Today, the track honors its legislative savior by hosting the annual $1 million Haskell Invitational, the richest Invitational in America. The1 1/8-mile race limited to standout 3-year-olds in a race “Where Champions Prove Their Greatness”.