Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- $99 for two tickets to see Ragtime the Musical (up to $154 total value). Package includes:
- Three-course meal
- $20 voucher for drinks and merchandise
- When: any Ragtime performance through May 4
- Where: Westchester Broadway Theatre
- Seating: best available
- Door time: two hours before showtime
- Meals begin 30 minutes after doors open for weekday matinees and 15 minutes after doors open for all other performances
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Click here to view the schedule.<p>
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student, senior, or military discounts.
Based on the novel by historical-fiction mastermind E.L. Doctorow, Ragtime immerses audiences in a kaleidoscopic portrait of America at the turn of the 20th century. The story follows the fortunes of three interconnected groups, opening with an upper-class family whose members are referred to only by their place in the nuclear unit: Father, Mother, Younger Brother, and Little Boy. Elsewhere, African-American ragtime player Coalhouse Walker makes his name in Harlem, while Tateh, a Jewish immigrant from Europe, strives to build his fortune with his daughter in tow. Cameos by such towering figures as Harry Houdini, Henry Ford, and anarchist Emma Goldman swirl about the main characters as they try to navigate their way through the era’s dizzying change and ostrich-overrun streets.
Winning Tony Awards for best book and best score when it opened on Broadway in 1998, Ragtime’s exuberant musical numbers sample its era’s melodic diversity, focusing on the jaunty piano melodies of its eponymous genre. All-City Musical’s toe-tapping production makes use of the community’s talents, with a cast of young thespians drawn from Broadway, the talent of Westchester, and underground vaudeville rings.<p>