29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below the decks of an aircraft carrier that served from 1945 to 1992
What You'll Get
- Youth tickets are valid for ages 6–17 and adult tickets for ages 18 and up.
- Free admission for children 5 and under
- Click here to view the schedule
- Onsite cafeteria: yes
- Paid parking available on Navy Pier and surrounding streets
- The Santa Fe Train Depot and American Plaza Trolley Station are located nearby
Your ticket purchase includes the following experiences:
- Hangar Deck and Flight Deck tour routes will showcase Midway’s exclusive collection of more than 30 restored Navy aircraft and the incredible views of San Diego Bay.
- World Famous Midway Volunteers will bring the flight deck alive with talks on launching and landing aircraft and the adventures of life at sea.
- Embarcadero Adventure Offers including discounts for other nearby attractions, detailed below.
- The safety and well-being of our guests, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. Click here to read our new measures designed to ensure a safe and healthy guest experience.
Closures– For your safety, our below deck tour routes, guided Island Tour, “Battle of Midway” theater, simulator & Virtual Reality experiences, and climb aboard cockpits are temporarily closed.
USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier now serving as a museum on San Diego’s waterfront. During its 47 years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the Midway had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, visitors can follow in the shoes of sailors and pilots and experience life aboard this city at sea.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 30 restored Navy aircraft and more than 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the hangar deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: galley, sick bay, engine room and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents providing first-hand accounts of life at sea, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors, available in 6 languages
- Don’t Miss: Voices of Midway – a 15-minute multimedia presentation on the most important naval battle in WWII for which the ship is named
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators (extra charge); climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier
- Special Programs: WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days. Docent talks on the flight deck describing how to land or launch an aircraft on a carrier
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2021. ALL SALES FINAL. Limit 4 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. This is a ticket valid for one-day admission at USS Midway. Not valid for special events. Valid for day time admission only (10 a.m.–5 p.m., with last entry at 4 p.m.). During peak visiting times such as weekends and holidays there may be a wait to board the USS Midway. To expedite processing the clients are asked to print the voucher and have it available for scanning when they arrive. Valid only for option purchased. Must use in one visit. Closed on major federal holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas). Offer is not eligible for promo codes or other discounts. Expires on December 31, 2020. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.