Family-friendly jack-o-lanterns and trick-or-treating trail lets children and adults experience holiday cheer together
About This Deal
- What’s included: one-day general admission which gives the visitor a chance to see the expanded trail of lights, jack-o-lanterns of all shapes and sizes, fire pits, and animal barn with furry friends as well as take part in a trick or treating.
- Outdoor event
- The event is family-friendly and appropriate for any age
- Valid dates: October 15th,16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, or 30th
- The event takes place 6 p.m.–10 p.m. with the last admission at 7:30 p.m.
- Free admission for children under 2
- Other onsite attractions: while on the trail, the visitors can also purchase hayrides, sweet treats, s’mores, pumpkin flashlights, glow necklaces, face paintings, and more.
About Green Meadows Petting Farm
In 1964, Bob and Coni Keyes decided to transform their 80-acre hog farm in Waterford, Wisconsin into something brand new: pick-your-own vegetables and raspberry farm. Inspired by their own 13 children, they decided to gear the experience toward families and kids. It wasn't long before the operation expanded to include interactions with their animals, and the farm became a destination where children could come to experience agriculture and farm life. Eventually the Keyes' children grew up and left the nest, but that they didn't necessarily leave the family business. Instead, many decided to start their own petting farms in their new towns—which is how Green Meadows started in Ijamsville.