Continuing over 150-year-old tradition which started in Calabria, Italy, this family-run vineyard produces rich, full-bodied wines
What You'll Get
- What’s included: Two tasting flights with five pours and a bottle of wine per couple.
- Must be 21 or older
- Tasting room hours: every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., last pour at 4:30 p.m.
The Fine Print
About Hecker Pass Winery
What started in the early 1800s in a small-town Calabrian town in the south of Italy has become a thriving business in California. Hecker Pass Winery combines the family history with a passion for viticulture to produce rich, full-bodied drinks that pay homage to the family's Italian heritage. The success of these wines has roots not only in the winemaker Mario's passion but also in his extensive experience of working in the American wine industry since 1959. In 1970, Mario decided it was time for him to show off his knowledge by establishing his own wine business. That's how Hecker Pass Winery was created, and soon it became an award-winning enterprise. To this day, it has been awarded over 150 medals in state and national-level wine competitions.
Here's what visitors may find in the tasting room:
- Blanc de Blanc: This white wine features fruit flavors and a clean, refreshing finish. It's best paired with shellfish and pasta with light cream sauces.
- Red Velvet: This medium-dry red wine was first created in 1980. It has a crisp, light taste and flavors of ripe fruit.
- Marsala: This red, sweet wine hints of raisins and dried fruit. It's best paired with desserts.