During lessons, students work 1-on-1 with a glass artist to create a custom cup, bowl, or plate, which they take home five days later
What You'll Get
- Each class includes a brief safety orientation and a hands-on glass-blowing experience in which each student picks from a variety of colors and designs and makes their own one-of-a-kind custom cup, bowl, or plate in collaboration with an Ignite artist.
- Sessions last approximately 30 minutes for one person and 60 minutes for two people. Customers can come alone or with a friend. Pieces will be available for pickup 72 hours after completion. Students must call for scheduling availability at least 72 hours in advance.
- Closed-toe shoes, non-flammable clothing (cotton) are required. No loose-fitting or “flowy” clothing.
- Pieces will be available for pick up 5 days after completion, and shipping is available for an additional fee. Students must submit their voucher number at least 72 hours in advance. If the desired experience date and time are not available, Ignite staff will work with customers to find a date that fits their schedule. “Make Your Own Cup, Bowl, or Plate” classes run every weekend Saturday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The appointment is scheduled when the customer receives a confirmation email from Ignite Glass Studios.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required at igniteglass.com/groupon. Closed-toe shoes, non-flammable clothing (cotton) required. No loose-fitting or "flowy" clothing. Expired voucher amounts may be used toward Ignite services such as classes or private lessons, but may not be used towards merchandise sold online or in the Ignite gallery. Five-day cancellation or reschedule notice required. Rescheduled lessons subject to fee. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Limit 1 per visit. Subject to availability. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ignite Glass Studios
As seen on CBS, WGN, and NBC news, Ignite Glass Studios is renowned for their hands-on glassblowing education as well as their beautiful event space. The facility includes an outdoor urban garden and a rooftop deck with magnificent views of the Chicago skyline. The shop invites visitors of all skill levels to explore the art of glassblowing, a technique that involves sculpting and molding molten glass with a blowpipe. Classes range from the introductory level, starting with the fundamentals of blowing and shaping bubbles and working with color, up to specialty classes that focus on skills such as Venetian glass techniques.
Additionally, Ignite Glass Studios pairs creativity with a sense of community spirit. Part of revenues support its nonprofit partner Ignition Community Glass, which offers tuition-free glass arts learning opportunities for under-resourced Chicago youth.