What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- $37 for L.A.T.E. Ride registration for one adult ($60 value)
The event kicks off at 10:30 p.m. at Buckingham Fountain on Saturday, August 13 and concludes at sunrise the following morning on Sunday, August 14. Before the actual 25-mile bike trek, which starts at 1:30 a.m., there will be a pre-ride festival with vendors, live entertainment, and contests.
The organizers recommend downloading the SpotHero app to find and reserve a parking spot for the event—plus, if participants enter the code “LATERide”, they’ll receive an extra 5% off parking.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 13, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Online registration is required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Participants under 18 must have a parent signature on waiver, and must ride with a parent or responsible adult. participants need a bicycle, helmet, headlight and reflectors (Note: Bobby's Bike Hike is renting bikes for The LATE Ride starting at $25; check out lateride.org for more details. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About L.A.T.E. Ride
Chicago's parks and lakefront paths close at 11 p.m. on most nights—but not on the night of L.A.T.E. Ride. That one night per year, thousands of people from all different backgrounds pedal around the city and straight into the next morning.
Celebrating its 28th anniversary in 2016, L.A.T.E. Ride has grown into one of the most unusual—and popular—bike rides in the country. While the rest of the city sleeps, this event dispatches waves of riders into the night to explore landmarks and neighborhoods all across the Chicago area. Riders include millennials, gen x’ers, and boomers, men and women, Chicagoans and suburbanites alike, from all skill and fitness levels. Here are a few things to know before you set off:
- Pre-Ride Festival: It starts at 10:30 p.m at Buckingham Fountain and features vendors, live music, and prizes for the riders whose outfits and helmets glow the brightest.
- The Route: The 25-mile loop starts and ends at Buckingham Fountain. Riders pedal past downtown skyscrapers, weave through Chicago's assortment of neighborhoods, and cruise along the lakefront as the sun starts to rise over Lake Michigan.
- Extras: A designated pit stop in Humboldt Park allows everyone to spread out, have a snack, and take a break. From 4:30 a.m. until 6 a.m., sunrise stretch yoga sessions unfold on the lawn near Buckingham Fountain.
- The Cause: Proceeds from the ride benefit its organizer, Friends of the Parks (FOTP). Established in 1975, this non-profit organization is dedicated to preserving, protecting, and improving Chicago-area parks and forest preserves.