Highly-detailed miniatures, tiny renditions of the real world aim to precisely replicate the eras they depict with fine craftsmanship
What You'll Get
- What’s included:
- General Admission
- Adult tickets valid for customers ages 15+
- Transportation: Free parking available in the rear of the building off 1st Avenue SE. Overflow parking is available next door at the Lion’s Club and across the street.
- Amenities: Free audio tours in English, magnifying glasses, and a dollhouse for children to play with.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections
The Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections' unique collection of fine art in miniature attracts visitors from all over the US and abroad. The museum contains thousands of items including miniature houses and room boxes tiny paintings, machinery, and furniture, all crafted with an excruciating attention to detail. The visitors are also welcome to stop by the museum's shop, stocked with one of a kind dollhouses, dolls, miniature furniture, etc.
- Size: The permanent exhibition is housed in seven rooms.
- Permanent Mainstay: The permanent exhibition includes children's dollhouses (not scaled.)
- Don't Miss: The oldest house in the museum's permanent collection, "The 1861 House", lovingly crafted by Thomas Russell in 1861, accompanied by a letter he wrote to his niece.
- Special Programs: The museum organizes events that celebrate creativity and craftsmanship, inviting artists and offering workshops.