Choose from Six Options
- $16 for a Lester River Excursion tour for two, redeemable Sunday through Thursday ($32 value)
- $18 for a Lester River Excursion tour for two, redeemable Friday or Saturday ($32 value)
- $29 for a Lester River Excursion tour for four, redeemable Sunday through Thursday ($64 value)
- $35 for a Lester River Excursion tour for four, redeemable Friday or Saturday ($64 value)
- $25 for a music and pizza tour for two ($50 value)
- $50 for a music and pizza tour for four ($100 value)
The Lester River trip lasts and hour-and-a-half and takes riders through downtown and up the shore to the river. The two-and-a-half hour music and pizza trip begins with a narrated journey through the sights of Duluth followed by live music in the concession car on the way back to the station. Each rider receives half of a Dominoes pizza. See the tour schedule.
North Shore Scenic Railroad
When the 26-mile railway known as the Lakefront Line opened in 1886, the views were wasted on pieces of fresh-cut timber, which don't have eyes, and hunks of iron ore, which tend to prefer boats. But it wasn't long before the engines began carrying more than the fruits of Minnesota's lumber and mining industries. By 1887, the railway began passenger service, which became an essential component of Duluth and Two Harbors transit before the advent of paved roadways and reliable cars. More than a century later, the North Shore Scenic Railroad runs that same path, offering residents and tourists alike a taste of old-fashioned transportation and unspoiled natural splendor. Riders travel along the tracks in vintage train cars during daily tours held throughout the spring, summer and fall, as well as special excursions such as elegant dinner train trips and the annual fall beer tasting train.