About Rose and Basil
While students at NYU, Ioana Holt and William Wang immediately connected over their love of food. As they told Manhattan Sideways, "One day Ioana was drawn to a smell emanating from somewhere down the hall. She followed the scent and knocked on the door. When William opened it, an instant friendship formed."
A few years later, that the pair devised their plan for Rose and Basil, which opened in 2016. Silk roses adorn the ceiling of the East Village café, whose seating includes white, wrought-iron tables and a plush couch. Within this charming atmosphere, guests sip La Colombe coffee and espresso beverages, accompanied by organic, gluten-free desserts. These include cookies, honey cakes, and cannoli, plus a wide range of signature truffles.
- Rose: One of the spot's most popular truffles, this decadent option sees a rose-preserve center and dark-chocolate base enveloped by white chocolate and finished with a sprinkling of rose-chocolate mousse.
- Basil: This truffle blends the scent of fresh basil with the sharp taste of freeze-dried blueberries. A blueberry sits at the center, covered in basil-infused mousse, all of which is covered in dark chocolate, then garnished with a chocolate basil leaf.
- Cayenne pepper: A cayenne-pepper garnish adds a touch of heat to this indulgent truffle,. Its intense taste is a result of coating a dark base and pear-and-cayenne-pepper-preserve center coated in black cocoa.
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
The Fine Print
What You'll Get
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days