What You Get
- $22 for two German lunch entrees and two 0.5-liter draft beers (up to $37.90 value)
- $40 for four German lunch entrees and four 0.5-liter draft beers (up to $75.80 value)
- See the lunch and beverage menus.
Reserve—How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Schnitzel is a pork, veal, or chicken cutlet that's been pounded into a thin patty, breaded, fried, and dressed with an array of toppings. Along with an extensive selection of schnitzel and other German classics, Schnitzel Platz's Chef Wolfgang roasts whole suckling pigs and curates family-style platters of brats and dumplings. Rounding out the cultural experience is the onsite boutique, brimming with souvenirs ranging from beer steins and hats to handmade German nutcrackers and cuckoo clocks.
The Schnitzel: Among the 14 styles on offer are the Hawaii schnitzel with ham and pineapple, the Jäger schnitzel, with a mushroom-wine sauce, and the classic weiner schnitzel, paired with a squeeze of lemon.
The Beverages: German brews, such as Spaten and Dinkelacker, cascade from taps and bottles alike. An equally prodigious wine list features plenty of imported red and white wines, including several from Germany.
When to Visit: As the world's largest beer festival, Oktoberfest draws thousands to Munich, Bavaria each year. Oktoberfest is also a big deal at Schnitzel Platz, where the everyday selection annually transforms into a traditional fest menu of curry bratwursts, herring rolls, sauerkraut balls, and goulash.
Meet Chef Wolfgang
- Germany: where he was raised and formally trained
- Hong Kong: where he honed his talents on staff at the prestigious New Harbor Hotel
- Australia: where he worked at Menzies, preparing meals for esteemed guests such as Sir Prince Phillip
- United States: where he cooked at Plentywood Farm Restaurant, opened Indian Lakes Resort, cooked for Cardinal Bernardin, and opened Schnitzel Platz