Choose Between Two Options
- $89 for prix fixe dinner for two (up to $182 total value)
- $175 for prix fixe dinner for four (up to $364 total value)
Each pair of diners receives the following:
- Two salads (up to $38 value)
- Two entrees (up to $104 value)
- Two sides (up to $28 value)
- One dessert to share (up to $12 value)
- See the special chef’s tasting menu
Tavern on the Green
Tavern on the Green is the epitome of a New York City iconic landmark. Nestled into the lush landscape of Central Park, Tavern on the Green has long hosted tourists, locals, and celebrities. Centered around a hearty, rustic menu shaped by local, seasonal ingredients, Tavern on the Green invites patrons into a warm, celebratory gathering space that captures the spirit of Central Park and the energy of New York City. Read on for an up-close look at this New York City icon:
- History: Located near the intersection of Central Park West at West 66th Street on the Upper West Side, Tavern on the Green was originally designed by Calvert Vaux and built in 1870 to house the sheep that grazed in Central Park's Sheep Meadow. It became a restaurant in 1934, and since then Tavern on the Green has proudly served locals, presidents, royalty, artists, actors, and first-time visitors alike.
- Menu: Bill Peet came to Tavern on the Green as Executive Chef with over 35 years of New York City fine-dining experience. Some of the fresh, flavorful dishes include salmon with cumin-roasted carrot purée, or sea scallops luxuriously bathed in citrus butter, along with other delectable fare.
- While You're There: If you have kids in tow, check out the world-famous carousel. A party of adults may be interested in Strawberry Fields, the park's memorial to John Lennon. Both are within a few minutes' walk of the restaurant.