Choose from Three Options
$990 for a 75-mile trans-Sierra trek ($1,750 value)
- July 18–26 (all ages)
- July 27–August 4 (18+)
- August 8–16 (all ages)
The trek includes:
- Guided trip
- Transportation from the Bay Area to the trailhead and return transportation
- Personalized pack check prior to departure
- All meals and snacks in the backcountry
- Group gear and equipment, plus a personal backpack, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad if needed
- Post-hike closing meal and opportunity to shower
The Trans-Sierra Club's experienced guides lead groups on challenging backpacking treks across Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park and through Grand Canyon National Park. In small groups, participants conquer miles of some of the most rugged and beautiful terrain in California and Arizona, all while unplugged from their phones, tablets, and cotton-candy machines. The multiday treks are intense, but no prior backpacking experience is necessary and all ages are welcome.
On the Trans-Sierra Xtreme Challenge, participants backpack for 75 miles across Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. The inspirational journey includes a trek across some of the most remote regions of the Sierra Nevada.
On the 35-mile Grand Canyon Xtreme Challenge, groups climb down the Grand Canyon, explore its hidden gorges, and camp out by the Colorado River before ascending again.