$89 for a midwestern dinner from the chef’s selection menu for two (Up to a $138 total value)
- Starter (up to a $10 value)
- Shareable seafood plate (up to a $16 value)
- Shareable meat plate (up to a $17 value)
- Shareable pasta plate (up to a $17 value)
- Shared dessert (up to an $8 value)
- Bottle of wine (up to a $70 value)
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up at the reservation day and time
- Present reservation confirmation
The menu at Two is like a love letter to midwestern butchers. It changes often, but always features sophisticated, shareable preparations of rustic meats. Recent offerings include house-cured bacon, grilled lamb ribs with english pea purée, and wedges of roasted bone filled with rich, spreadable marrow. Even the decor is steeped in a midwestern aesthetic, evidenced by a pair of enormous barn doors that gleam over a long dining table. The midwestern vision has, apparently, paid off. In 2014, the Michelin Guide chose Two as one of its picks for the Chicago Bib Gourmand dining guide.
A Duo of Midwestern Chefs
Both chefs came up in the Midwest—Van Lente in Burr Ridge, and Cuddihee in the St. Louis area. Van Lente studied culinary science before going on to cook for Boka Restaurant Group, whereas Cuddihee honed his chops at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Chicago and externed at Alinea. Today, the two chefs combine their skills to create traditional and creative riffs on midwestern cuisine.
An Ideology Inspired by Butcher Shops
- Two's chefs draw on traditional butchering processes to make their own bacon, sausage, and jerky and also craft handmade pasta, cheeses, and sauces.
- If you peek into the kitchen, you may see a chef expertly breaking down a suckling pig or a rack of berkshire ribs.
- The butcher theme extends to the booze program—try the bacon-infused bloody mary.
- Nose-to-tail delicacies, such as roasted pig face, are sometimes available.
What some people are buzzing about:
98% of 223 customers recommend
“Fabulous. Great service great food ”
“Great Food and service. ”
“Great food and service. Will be back.”