Modern families gather around the television at night, much like earlier families gathered around the radio and even earlier families gathered around a burning stack of their enemies’ clothes. Come together with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $18 for entry for one to the 5-mile run (a $35 value)
- $49 for entry for one to the 5-mile run and enrollment in an eight-week training program (up to a $120 value)
- $35 for entry for two to the 5-mile run (a $70 value)
- $89 for entry for two to the 5-mile run and enrollment for two in an eight-week training program (up to a $240 value)
- $35 for entry for a family of four to the 3-mile family walk (a $70 value)<p>
The Total Jingle Bell Run & Walk takes place on Sunday, December 9, starting with packet pickup at noon. All race packets contain a commemorative long-sleeve race shirt, reindeer antlers, and jingle bells. Races will begin and finish in front of the Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA.<p>
Eight-week training programs begin on Saturday, October 13, with workouts starting at 8 a.m. Led by a running coach, the program includes group runs, group exercise classes, and full training plans complete with nutrition tips to follow during the week.<p>
YMCA of Greater Houston: 2012 Total Jingle Bell Run & Walk
The Total Jingle Bell Run & Walk spurs more than 5,000 antler-clad participants to swarm through downtown Houston in the name of charity, fitness, and celebration of the holiday season. Like Santa's reindeer before the sleigh got GPS, the event explores several different routes, including a 5-mile course for runners and a shorter, less intense 3-mile course for families. After everyone has crossed the finish line, awards honor the fleetest of foot in each age group, as well as individuals donning the best holiday-themed costumes. All proceeds raised by the race get poured into the YMCA's partner campaign, which provides scholarship money to those in need of academic aid.