Music is force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this GrouponLive deal.
- $200 for a four-day pass to Bhakti Fest West (up to $400 value)
- When: September 4–7 at 7 a.m.
- Where: Joshua Tree Retreat Center
- General admission
- Door time: 7 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Bhakti Fest West
- What is Bhakti Fest: a festival of love, limberness, and music
- What you’ll find: kirtan chants, yoga demonstrations, and spiritual-healing workshops
- What’s kirtan?: an Indian folk-music tradition of call-and-response chanting, rich with intoxicating rhythms and melodies that build verse by verse
- Performers: Krishna Das (who is also conducting a workshop), Donna De Lory, and renowned duo Prema Hara, among others
- Effects of kirtan: it creates an atmosphere ripe for spiritual awakening
- How Krishna Das, a former rock ‘n’ roller and Grammy nominee, explains the atavistic appeal of chanting: “[It] just hits you and you want to be a part of it . . . you don’t have to know what it means.”
- Yoga luminaries on hand: The legendary Dharma Mittra, and Bhakti and Tantra expert Saul David Raye
- Other reasons for guests and their centers to attend: for the healing sanctuary, the vendor village, and the chance to stock up an emergency supply of positive vibes
Bhakti Fest 2012
59700 29 Palms Hwy.
Joshua Tree, CA 92252Get Directions