Virtually nothing can defeat the raw power of rock music, with the possible exception of paper music. Pump your fist with this GrouponLive deal.
- $99 for one rooftop ticket to watch a Billy Joel or Blake Shelton concert, plus food and refreshments (up to $156.18 value)
- Where: Lakeview Baseball Club
- General Admission in area with obscructed view
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Billy Joel on Friday, July 18
- Blake Shelton on Saturday, July 19
- The legend, by numbers: over 150 million albums sold, 6 Grammys, and third best-selling solo artist in the United States
- Halls of Fame that Billy belongs to: Songwriters Hall of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Long Island Music Hall of Fame
- Another thing he did that most mortals cannot: became a franchise of Madison Square Garden with a residency of 1 concert a month
- The song that introduced you to Billy, along with Paul the real-estate novelist and Davy, who's hopefully retired from the Navy by now: "Piano Man"
- Song that makes you question your grandparents' goodness: "Only the Good Die Young"
- Impress your fellow concert-goers: by rattling off every lyrics to "We Didn't Start the Fire" while providing footnotes for every reference
- The country mega-star by numbers: 15 #1 hits, 4 American Country Awards, 8 CMA Awards, 4 Academy of Country Music Awards, reigning CMA Entertainer of the Year, and 3-time Male Vocalist of the Year
- Current singles that should have been named "Instant #1 Singles": "Sure Be Cool If You Did," "Mine Would Be You," "Boys 'Round Here"
- Fun facts about Blake: he's 6′5" tall, once rocked a mullet, and loves The Golden Girls
- His approach to music: "I just want to do what George Strait has done and what Reba has done; to make great music year after year."
- Extra reason to be excited to see him from the rooftop: he recently sold out Madison Square Garden and the Hollywood Bowl, so you'll be more comfy up top than in the field
- Funny thing to do during the show: sit backwards in your chair and turn the tables on Blake by pretending you're a coach on The Voice
Lakeview Baseball Club
Lakeview Baseball Club offers fans a game-day experience mixed with old-time charm and modern amenities. Peering over right field at the Friendly Confines, the multi-level facility backdrops ballgames with rich mahogany bars, hardwood floors, and 80-inch televisions so visitors never miss a pitch or song during a concert.
As the action plays out on the historic playing field, servers dish out food from the grill alongside beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. Guests can kick back on several different levels, including the lofty sky deck, from where they enjoy stadium-style seating and cast judgment upon players by giving thumbs-ups or thumbs-downs like an emperor. After the final out, Lakeview Baseball Club helps keep the sport alive in the city by donating a percentage of its profits to youth baseball programs.
Lakeview Baseball Club
3633 North Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60613