Both laughter and tears can be cathartic, but only laughter is OK in front of your dog. Laugh until you cry with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for two tickets to Improv Poker Party (up to a $12 value each) and two bags of chips (a $1 value each; up to a $26 total value)
- When: Fridays at 10:30 p.m. through August 30
- Where: ComedySportz Improv Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Improv Poker Party
This summer, amusing improv comedians lay it on the line in a competition based on America’s second favorite pastime. Before stepping up to stage off-the-cuff comedy, performers bet their chips, and after the scene, the audience decides who wins the pot. These shows are recommended for ages 18 and older.
ComedySportz Twin Cities
Each week, the cast of ComedySportz Twin Cities competes in 105-minute battles in which the only weapons are quick wits. Saturdays showcase the classic, game-based ComedySportz format: as the audience shouts suggestions and a referee keeps score between two uniformed teams of actors, performers let loose rapid-fire barrages of absurdity that stay on the family-friendly side. The handicap-accessible theater serves beer and wine as the hilarity unfolds, and bars and restaurants abound in the theater's Calhoun Square neighborhood.