At a jazz concert, it's considered polite to clap after solos and throw a rose into the saxophone after each key change. Show your appreciation with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12.50 for one ticket to the Family Concert with Emily Bear (up to $25 value)
- When: Thursday, April 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Family Concert with Emily Bear
- Who she is: a 12-year-old pianist and composer of classical and jazz music
- Who she is not: a bear named Emily
- What her mentor Quincy Jones says about her: "I am at once astounded and inspired by the enormous talent that Emily embodies."
- Where you may have seen her: on _The Ellen DeGeneres Show_—she's appeared on the program six times
- Illustrious venues she's played: the White House at the age of 6, Carnegie Hall at the age of 9, the Hollywood Bowl at the age of 10
- Her latest album: Diversity, her first studio record, and a collection of entirely original compositions
El Paso Pro Musica
It's hard to imagine going bigger than Handel's "Messiah," but for El Paso Pro Musica, it was only the beginning. Since its first, Hallelujah-filled concert in 1977, the organization has brought renowned artists from around the world to the El Paso and Las Cruces communities—and, thanks to NPR's live broadcasts of the their annual chamber music festival, to listeners across the country. Current Artistic Director Zuill Bailey calls on his globe-trotting career as a concert cellist and his impressive musical education to lead both the company's artistic arm and its ambitious outreach efforts, which include musical "informances," pre-concert talks, master classes, and a willingness to patiently explain the difference between violins and violas hundreds of times over.