Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from busting a gut to splitting your sides to tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain. Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for two tickets to see Evil Dead: The Musical (up to a $60 value)
- Where: Balagan Theatre
- Seating: general admission in the Splatter Zone. Purchasers are advised to wear clothing they don’t mind getting drenched in fake arterial spray.
- Door time: 45-minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view available showtimes.
Evil Dead: The Musical
Warning: fake blood, fake gunshots, fake, nature-mocking chainsaw arms
A treat for horror-movie buffs and fans of sing-along slapstick mutilation, Evil Dead: The Musical lovingly mutates Sam Raimi's goofy and gory splatterfest trilogy into a gut-busting cult classic that the New York Times has heralded as "the next Rocky Horror Picture Show.” Packed with pratfalls, a jaunty score, and gallons of old-fashioned gore, Evil Dead trebuchets audiences into a spooky remote cabin, where doomed college students succumb to possessive demonic forces more pesky and sinister than a pebble-filled sock. Limbs fly and heads roll as our hero, Ash, armed with his signature moxie and chainsaw, battles the undead while the cast is giddily eviscerated to show-stopping numbers such as "Do the Necronomicon" and "Look Who's Evil Now." Cheeky, campy, and catchier than an appendix removal, Evil Dead: The Musical rewards fans of the horror franchise while recruiting new generations into the cult.