- The Alliance of Greater Central Ohio Presents "Harmonies for the Holidays"
- When: Saturday, December 14, at 2 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Where: The Fawcett Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minute prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $8 for general admission for one (up to a $15 value)
- $15 for general admission for two (up to a $30 value)
The Alliance of Greater Central Ohio Presents "Harmonies for the Holidays"
For the "Harmonies for the Holidays" concert, The Alliance of Greater Central Ohio teams up with four fellow award-winning barbershop choruses. Three of the troupes are members of The Alliance, including the aptly named quartet, The Allies, as well as Outburst and Collegiate Quartet Competition medalists The Con Men. Common Core—riding high on their 2013 Johnny Appleseed District quartet championship win—comes from outside the fold, but shares the other groups' love of euphony and swimming in pools filled with barbicide. Together, the sharp-dressed performers combine their talents to create a winter wonderland of dulcet tones and vocal mistletoe.
The Greater Alliance of Central Ohio
The sound of a barbershop quartet recalls a time when street corners were often better than the radio. Those four part harmonies—where a lead vocal steers the melody, the tenor and bass sandwich the melody in accord, and a baritone gives the chord an undertow—make for one of America's richest musical traditions. As fans and preservationists of the form, The Greater Alliance of Central Ohio assembles a dream team of the top singing chapters in the Buckeye state. Together, The Alliance's roster of ensembles, quartets, and choruses continues to rack up accolades, including a medal-winning performance at the 2013 Barbershop Harmony Society International Chorus Competition.