Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $9 for one ticket to see The American Philharmonic Sonoma County: "Polish Inspiration (up to a $15 value)
- When: Saturday, November 16 at 8 p.m.
- Where: SRHS Performing Arts Auditorium
- Seating: premium orchestra section
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Directed by the skilled baton of maestro Norman Gamboa, The American Philharmonic Sonoma County presents a program of pieces influenced by Polish musical traditions. Youthful Bay Area pianist Alice Zhu joins the orchestra for the evening.
- Chopin—Piano Concerto No. 1: The composer himself described the piece as having "a romantic, calm, and rather melancholy character...a kind of moonlight reverie on a beautiful spring night."
- Tchaikovsky—Symphony No. 3 (“Polish”): More Russian than Polish, this colorful symphony moves from sober tones to a more dancelike melody, with a second movement that gradually becomes playful and grand.
The American Philharmonic Sonoma County
The American Philharmonic Sonoma County was founded on two pillars: music and community. For more than a decade, the orchestra's 65 volunteer, professional-level musicians have performed more than 100 concerts, many of them for free. Reaching out to the senior and Latino communities, as well as Sonoma County schools. Earning rave reviews from Classical Sonoma, the group hopes to expand the audience for classical music and that really cool tuning sound.
SRHS Performing Arts Auditorium
1235 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, California 95401Get Directions