Tea leaves really come to life when you add hot water, just like steam engines and sea monkeys. Witness a steep transformation with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$18 for high tea for two (a $37.90 value). Each guest receives:
- Pear gorgonzola salad
- Three finger sandwiches such as english cucumber, turkey club, or egg salad
- Choice of white-chocolate or apricot scone served with mock clotted cream, lemon curd, and jam
- Three savory tapas such as brandied blue-cheese tartlet or apple 'n' bacon quiche
- Dessert, such as apple dumpling or lemon-meringue tartlet
$90 for a two-hour private lunch for up to 10 people (a $200 Value), which includes:
- Private-room rental
- One choice of drink for each guest
- One choice of lunch entrée for each guest
$6 for $12 worth of lunch fare
- Guests can pair pots of loose tea ($5.50/large) in black, green, or decaffeinated varieties with classic tearoom fare such as chicken salad sandwiches ($7.50) and orange- and walnut-laced salads ($7.50).
The tearoom at Scatter Joy brims with quaint touches, from the brightly polished silver spoons guests use to stir their tea to the pink roses that decorate many of the teapots stationed at each cozy table. The stout teapots release aromatic steam that carries the scent of loose green, black, or decaffeinated tea throughout the shop. Feminine plates hold artful arrays of tearoom specialties, including scones, fresh salads finger sandwiches shaped into delicate triangles or to-scale replicas of the queen’s fingers. Guests can sit down to a luncheon or, with advance notice, enjoy traditional high tea service where they can enjoy multiple courses of salads, sandwiches, scones, tapas, and desserts.