Paintings are a window into the artist's thoughts, from Pollock's chaotic canvases to the little frowny faces on each star in Starry Night. Paint it out with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $39 for a three-hour wine-and-painting evening for one (an $86 value)
- $79 for the above event for two (a $172 value)
- $159 for the above event for four (a $344 value)
Each session includes the following:
- Instructor fee (a $45 value)
- Canvas, oil paints, and brushes (a $30 value). Participants paint the evening's image and take home their completed work at the end of the class.
- Custom cupcakes from the pastry shop at Lulav (a $5 value)
- Souvenir wineglass (a $6 value)
- A complimentary glass of champagne or wine
Each class lasts about 2.5 hours, the last half hour is left open for wine drinking and socializing.
The Art Loft
The leisure of art and wine marry one another at The Art Loft, where resident artist Kathy Thompson instructs the courses while the staff piques visitors' palates with 35 international vinos in stock at any time.
More than 300 works of art fill the studio's hallways, and spill out onto balcony decks as visitors mill about sipping wine from the wine bar and interacting freely with resident artists. A few minutes with one of the artists opens up discussion about their artistic specialties, which span from painting on doors and glassware to using wedding dresses in designs. The same artists teach the studio's workshops, where they guide visitors through the creation of a painting with brushstrokes in acrylics and oils. Drawing from years of self-taught exploration or master's degrees in fine art, they each tailor their classes to the interests of their group, whether they be crafting landscapes or reproducing Picasso's middle-school doodles. Instructor Kathy also mingles about at occasional gallery festivals amid wine tastings and themed menus, answering questions and showing their works.