Thriving in the outdoors demands skills that many of us no longer have, such as building a fire or finding enough tree bark to feed your horse. Spark your instincts with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$990 for a 75-mile trans-Sierra trek ($1,750 value)
- July 18–26 (all ages)
- July 27–August 4 (18+)
- August 8–16 (all ages)
The trek includes:
- Guided trip
- Transportation from the Bay Area to the trailhead and return transportation
- Personalized pack check prior to departure
- All meals and snacks in the backcountry
- Group gear and equipment, plus a personal backpack, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad if needed
- Post-hike closing meal and opportunity to shower
Every summer, the Trans-Sierra Club takes four groups on a 75-mile trek, across their namesake mountain range to the highest altitude peak in the contiguous United States: Mount Whitney. The mountain measures 14,500 feet high, and while it has been summited by more than one fifth grader, don't be fooled. The route to the top is far from child's play. Participants must hike 8-12 miles a day and carry their own food and camping gear. However, the spectacular views—and the sense of accomplishment—that await at the summit are worth the sweaty journey.
1590 Bryant Street
San Francisco, California 94103