From Our Editors
For more than a century, the cheery red brick and stark white pillars of The Tabernacle have looked out upon Atlanta. Originally the Broughton Tabernacle, the 1910 building served as a Baptist meeting place until the dispersal of its congregation in the mid-’80s. The building reopened as a music venue in 1996. Now, The Tabernacle treads the line between its history and current use, with the grandiose main hall’s stage still backed by the towering tubes of a pipe organ, and the light from its stained-glass windows filtering in on ornate chandeliers and professional speaker systems.