From Our Editors
Roughly 25 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. and 50 miles west of Baltimore, Germantown welcomes summer with a music festival at the 5th Peach Harvest SunFest. The fresh, local fruit is central to the all-day music fest, but it's far from the only draw. Read on for a few highlights of the seasonal celebration, which ropes food, a beer garden, wines, entertainment and a kids play zone into its all-day itinerary:
- Food is in no short supply. Hungry festival-goers can check out loads of peach-centric dishes on Saturday and offerings from local farms and food trucks.
- Live performances dominate the stage all day. Local, regional, and national musicians across various genres provide the festival with a fun, uptempo soundscape. Past performers have covered pop, jazz blues, reggae, and opera, among other kinds of music.
- There's attractions for all ages in the form of a play zone, such as a moonbounce, face painting, balloons and more.
- Grownups can sip refreshing springtime brews from the likes of Ale and Hefeweizen in the festival's craft beer garden.
- Artisan vendors show off their wares, which range from children's books and henna art, to tie-dyed shirts and elegant jewelry.