Property at a Glance: Henson Cove Place Bed & Breakfast
Henson Cove Place Bed & Breakfast gives guests a peaceful retreat with thoughtful details. The three-room inn sits on more than an acre of land facing mountains and a horse pasture. Photographs decorating the inside and flower gardens sprouting outside are the handiwork of co-owner Mariah Nugent, who collaborates with husband Dave to cook up each morning’s breakfast.
- Gourmet breakfast may include dishes such as frittata and fruit-topped soufflés.
- Included with this package: double-dipped strawberries and two wine tastings at area vineyards, along with 10% discounts at Chunky Gal Stables and Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House. Daily afternoon snacks and complimentary beverages available.
- Mountain-view room: The rustic wood-paneled room is across from a private bath with an antique claw-foot tub.
- Rainy’s Hideaway provides extra seclusion with its separate entrance and location on the second floor.
- Things to do: The nearby Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds host festivals much of the year, as well as concerts from the likes of Lynard Skynard, Alison Krauss, and Luke Bryan.
Lake Chatuge, Georgia: Hiking and Fishing amid Chattahoochee National Forest
Located about 120 miles northeast of Atlanta, Lake Chatuge is sandwiched between the Nantahala and Chattahoochee National Forests. It’s a fine area to go boating and fishing all year long, and to hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail. A trek to the summit of Brasstown Bald, Georgia’s highest peak, rewards hikers with views of four states.
In the nearby town of Hiawassee, charming galleries and stores display quilts and crafts by local artists and artisans. Henson Cove is also on the Georgia Wine Highway with access to multiple area vineyards. All wineries in the region offer samples of Georgia Mountain wines in intimate countryside tasting rooms.