From Our Editors
A place where you can meet with an experienced urologist and get an eyebrow wax in the same visit might sound like a Greek myth, but such a place actually exists in the form of Choices in Health & Great Alchemy in Lafayette. Part urology clinic, part med spa, the facility is overseen by Dr. Emilia Ripoll, a Barcelona-born doctor who has practiced—and even taught—urology in the United States for more than 25 years. Read on to learn about some of the services you can find here:
- The O-Shot Though it was originally created to enhance sexual pleasure, many doctors, including Dr. Ripoll, now take advantage of its side effect—reducing urinary incontinence.
- Hormone Therapy: Dr. Ripoll and her staff work with men suffering from low testosterone, creating custom treatment plans that might incorporate bioidentical hormones, dietary recommendations, and acupuncture.
- PRP Therapy: Using platelets extracted from the patient's own blood, Dr. Ripoll and her team can perform a variety of procedures, including wrinkle-fighting PRP facials, scalp-stimulating PRP hair-restoration sessions, and injury-healing PRP ligament treatments.
- Urology Treatments: Great Alchemy carries out treatments for both men and women, from removing bladder and kidney stones to treating UTIs to performing vasectomies.
- Med Spa Treatments: At Great Alchemy, the staff performs basic services such as waxing and eyebrow tinting or advanced aesthetic services such as botox injections and vampire facelifts.