From Our Editors
While blacksmithing might seem entirely a thing of the past, Adam's Forge Festival is out to pound that notion away with a hammer and anvil. On February 18, blacksmiths and metal forgers unite in an impressive show of their trade, with live demonstrations and activities for visitor participation. And the day takes place amidst the natural beauty of the Audubon Center, so between activities, guests can traverse the different trails of Los Angeles' Debs Park.
Here's a look at some of the Forge Festival's events:
- Blacksmiths perform live showing of how they fire and forge hot steel.
- Copper-forging demonstrations end in beautiful products available for purchase.
- Guests can experience the feeling of throwing a tomahawk at the Tomahawk Throwing Station
- Kids can try their hand at the basics at the Kids' Clay Station.
- At the Ask-a-Blacksmith Station, metal experts will be on hand to answer guests' burning questions.
- Food trucks: Begnosis Wellness Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck, and the LA Donut Truck.