About this Business
- HoursSun-Mon11:00 AM - 5:00 PMTue-WedClosedThu-Sat11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
From Our Editors
Located in the gently rolling of the Santa Ynez Valley, J Ludlow Vineyard mixes the ruggedness of the surrounding terrain with the refined wine-making skills of the European continent. The vineyard occupies the former Westerly Stud Farms, where the sound of horses hooves has been replaced by the gentle rustle of grape vines in the breeze. The grapes produced here find new life as one of the vineyard's award-winning Bordeaux-style wine. Curious guests can sample these vintages at the vineyard's sunny tasting room in Los Olivos, where they might also spy decorations honoring the past exploits of the old Westerly crew. Before you make a visit yourself, check out our list of recommendations for tips on what to pour.
- 2008 Jane: aged for 22 months in French oak and flavored with spicy raspberry, nutmeg, and jalapeño pepper
- 2010 Hudson: aged for 18 months in French oak and layered with cherry, cedar, and juicy berries
- 2011 Amarise: aged for 36 months in French oak with blueberry, plum, and spice
- 2014 Kaleidoscope Rose: all-steel fermented with crisp watermelon, strawberries, and cream