Gyms encourage the pursuit of physical fitness and physical endurance, while jungle gyms push children to impress each other through displays of pull-up strength and pirate-based imagination. Pursue the former with today's Groupon: for $29, you get a 30-day membership, which includes unlimited free-to-members fitness classes, at the May Center in the 92nd Street Y (a $159 value).
Located on the Upper East Side, the 92nd Street Y houses everything from a school, to a performance space, to the multiplex gym of today's deal. The May Center is a fitness powerhouse offering an ideal marriage of intense physical training and firm but gentle guidance. Your 30-day membership gives you an all-access pass to the bevy of resources and equipment the May Center has to offer, including:
- a personal orientation session with a trainer
- the Cardio Theater personal entertainment system
- a Mondo-surfaced indoor track
- a 25-yard, indoor, ozone-purified pool
- basketball and racquetball courts
- more than 125 pieces of exercise equipment
- 100 weekly classes
Take as many of the free member classes as your body and the rigid constraints of physics allow. Tighten a softened core with Pilates, ride stationary bikes in a spinning class, or hop in the water to join aqua fusion for a workout and questionable shower in one. Classes are offered daily at various times, so be sure to check the schedule for the latest offerings.
- The 92nd Street Y by far has the best diverse programming in NYC. The breadth of classes for children and parents is amazing… – One mom, LilaGuide
- The pool there is spacious and there is plenty of exercise equipment. My favorite part of the gym is that there is a huge jacuzzi spa right in the shower area so that you can work out the kinks and then shower off straight away. – Ahron S., Judy's Book
Upper East Side
1395 Lexington Ave.
New York, New York 10128Get Directions