All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed 15 hours ago
· Reviewed 17 hours ago
· Reviewed March 5, 2017
What You'll Get
- Two 13oz beers and One Take-Home Crowler, Valid Thursday and Friday
- Four 13oz beers and Two Take-Home Crowlers, Valid Thursday and Friday
- Two 13oz beers and One Take-Home Crowler, Valid Any Day
- Four 13oz beers and Two Take-Home Crowlers, Valid Any Day
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Only 1 per table. voucher cannot be bought at the time of visit and used at that time. Alcohol is not discounted more than 50%. Merchant is solely responsible for all sales and delivery of alcohol. Must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverage. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Barrage Brewing
Barrage Brewing is a fitting name for Steve Pominski's Farmingdale brewery for several reasons. First, the title is a portmanteau of bar and garage, a reference to the brewery's original location in Steve's garage. Second, Barrage has been bombarded with obstacles over the years.
After decades of homebrewing, Steve decided to leave his garage and open his own brewery. He spotted a location in Freeport, but zoning issues prevented him from opening Barrage there. Steve found his current location in 2012, but he faced a few setbacks. First, he had to wait six months to have a gas line installed due to Hurricane Sandy repairs. Then, Suffolk County informed Steve that his sewer lines weren't up to code and required $17,000 to replace.
Despite those obstacles, Barrage Brewing opened in 2014 and has been churning out unique craft beers ever since. Check out a few of the more than two dozen beers brewed here.
- Yada, Yada, Yada: Originally brewed for a Seinfeld-themed beer dinner at Morrison's in Plainview, this beer infuses the My Creation brown ale with the peanuts, chocolate, and caramel of a Snickers bar. (6.8% ABV)
- Fairytale Red Ale: Barrage Brewing's flagship beer is this Irish red ale, which features floral notes resulting from its use of amarillo, cascade, centennial, citra, and magnum hops. (5.6% ABV)
- McLaughlin’s Folly: One of Steve's friends, Scott McLaughlin, is a big fan of oatmeal-raisin vanilla cookies, and stouts, so Steve created this beer with him and his favorite flavors in mind. (5.7% ABV)
- Tribal Cow: A toasted coconut caramel milk stout brewed with the idea of making a girl scout samoa cookie into a tasty beer (6.8% ABV)
- Necromancer Double IPA: Despite the ample amount of West Coast hops in this double IPA, the ale only has a mildly bitter taste and a light hop aroma, due in part to adding honey to the brewing process. (7.5% ABV)