Like phone numbers and ill-considered doctoral theses, barbecue sauce often ends up on a napkin. Dole out savory blots with today’s Groupon to Buck’s Roadside BBQ in Auburn, valid for dine-in or carryout. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a barbecue meal for two (up to a $29.98 value) that includes:
- Two platters, each with a sandwich or 6 ounces of meat, two 4-ounce sides, and a piece of cornbread (up to an $11.99 value each)
- Two additional 4-ounce sides (a $1.50 value each)
Two sodas (a $1.50 value each)</p>
- For $35, you get a Buck’s Deal family pack (a $75 value). The pack feeds three to six people and includes:
- One slab of ribs
- 1 quart of pork
- Four chicken quarters
- Three large sides
- Six pieces of cornbread</p>
Chef Buck of Buck’s Roadside BBQ smokes beef, pork, and chicken with fruitwood and seasons each juicy cut with house-made dry rubs and sauces made from scratch. As proteins such as beef brisket or pulled chicken pile atop platters for two, cornbread squares swap crumbs and numbers with sides including mashed sweet potatoes, collard greens, and baked beans. Five sauces stored in squeezable bottles coat meats and fingers before greeting taste buds with sweet and intriguing knock-knock jokes.
Alternatively, groups of 3–6 or 1.5–3 stunt doubles can make light work of a Buck’s Deal family pack, which includes smoky ribs, pork, chicken, sides, and cornbread. The restaurant’s blue-, yellow-, and bittersweet-colored walls model old-fashioned cookery and tools. In addition to a casual, warm atmosphere, a roll of paper towels stands on each table to put patrons at ease as they dab mouth corners or sop tears of barbecue-fueled joy.