Choose Between Two Options
- $18 for general admission for one to Dry Land ($38 value)
- $59 for a Company Card, a four-play subscription ($100 value)
The Company Card covers:
- Admission to four plays—Dry Land, An Octoroon, We’re Gonna Die, and The T Party—valid any night of their runs, including opening night. Must redeem Groupon 72 hours in advance of desired show date to reserve tickets.
- Extended interview with the playwrights, delivered via email or post
- Free pins, pens, and other show merchandise
According to Company One's philosophy, theater and activism aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, the company artists strive to work in the overlap between the two. In 2015, Boston Magazine named them "Best Fringe Theater Company" for their efforts.
The title fits. The company's shows mix commentary—on topics from race to Goldilocks—with a heaping dose of fun. It's not unusual for actors to wear bright yellow feather boas onstage, and every play is sprinkled with moments of laughter, just like every pet rock funeral. (It's especially true for 2015's "We're All Gonna Die," which incorporates stand-up comedy.)