- $25 for a one-year Cinema Society Membership for two (up to $50 value)
- Where: Count Basie Theatre
- General admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the schedule; more films to be announced (usually 4–6 weeks in advance)
- Two tickets to each monthly Cinema Society film screening
- Popcorn at each screening
- Occasional Society Choice film nights with titles chosen by members
- Annual Cinema Society reception
- $5 tickets for additional guests
Count Basie Theatre Cinema Society
Count Basie Theatre’s Cinema Society brings the pleasures of a cozy college film society to a wider community of families and film-lovers. Screened at least once a month, the movies ranging from classic blockbusters such as The Shining and Ghostbusters to documentaries such as Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon and Ghostbusters. Organizers aim to please just about everybody—including families with children, meaning that they keep R-rated films to a minimum—and members themselves get to run the show on Society Choice nights.
Count Basie Theatre
Upon entering the Count Basie Theatre, guests may feel as though they’ve slipped through a crack in time and ended up in the early 1900s. Opulent marble staircases and gold details grab the eyes of visitors, recalling the decadence of Hollywood’s history and gently pulling them to the auditorium. There, the acoustically pleasing construction wins out as sound spreads and funnels through a sunburst dome embellished with a dangling chandelier. Since opening in 1926, the Count Basie has earned numerous accolades, including a nod from Pollstar magazine, which listed it as one of the Top 100 Worldwide Theatre Venues.