Design Thinking stresses the importance of cultivating empathy for end users, interpreting and framing problems they experience, creative so
What You'll Get
Design Thinking stresses the importance of cultivating empathy for end users, interpreting and framing problems they experience, creative solution generation, and continuous prototyping and testing. Embedded within Design Thinking is the assumption that we must think “outside ourselves.” Great design doesn’t happen within the four walls of a studio or ofﬁce. It happens in the real world.
In increasingly complex times, innovation and collaboration skills are becoming vital to businesses, and both principles are essential in Design Thinking. This hands-on workshop will lead you through the design thinking process, taught by design thinking professionals that live and breathe in this space. This three part session will explore how human-centered design can help develop innovative solutions for the complex challenges we face as businesspeople, non-profit leaders, entrepreneurs, and global citizens.
- Understand how to apply human centred design principles to tackle complex challenges
- A deeper understanding of day to day design work
- Ideas for how Design Thinking can positively affect your organisation
- Learn techniques to improve ideation and prototyping, generating multiple solutions in a short time
- Strategic and tactical ways to “get out of your own head”
- Methods for understanding and framing problems
- Research methods cultivating empathy
- Discover how to tell a compelling story to engage audiences
- Identify new ways to serve and support people by uncovering latent needs, behaviours, and desires
A computer will not be provided
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Design classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, General Assembly, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 14, 2020.