Expert techs refresh engines with new oil and perform safety inspections with a choice of brake check, tire rotation, or diagnostic test
What You'll Get
- Additional services offered include a choice of one of the following: brake inspection, tire rotation, or diagnostic test
- What’s included: up to 5 quarts of oil; oil disposal fee is not included and costs an additional $5
- Not valid for European cars
- How often should I change my oil?: It depends on your individual car. A safe bet is to refer to the mileage on the windshield sticker from your last oil change.
- What kind of oil should I use?: It all depends on your individual vehicle. Check your owner’s manual or call the shop before purchasing your voucher to make sure you get the right type.
Internal-Combustion Engines: The Muscle in a Muscle Car
An oil change keeps all the parts of an engine moving smoothly. Peek under the hood with us to see why they need constant lubrication.
Beneath the guttural rumble of a car engine is an incredible amount of force. As soon as you step on the gas, fuel vapor mixed with air begins exploding, driving metal pistons in and out of chambers where temperatures regularly hit 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit. This enclosed system of pistons propelled by direct contact with burning gas defines an internal-combustion engine. (There is such a thing as an external-combustion engine, in which the heat is produced from outside the cylinder—as in the old-fashioned steam engines that people in the past used to make trains look extra friendly, for instance.)
The internal-combustion engine under the hood of the typical car completes its cycle in four stages, or strokes. First, fuel and air fill the cylinder as the piston drops. As the piston returns to the top of the cylinder, it (2) compresses the fuel mixture before (3) a spark from the spark plug ignites the mixture, the force of the explosion pressing the piston back down. Finally, the cylinder rises once more to push out the exhaust. As the crankshaft at the base of the pistons is kept turning by this constant cycle, it drives the rotation of the transmission, which applies all that power in a controlled fashion to the axles and, finally, sends you speeding down the road.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required, same day appointments accepted. Additional services offered include your choice of one of the following: brake inspection, tire rotation, or diagnostic test. Not valid for European cars. Valid for up to 5 quarts of oil. Additional quarts will require an extra charge. Oil disposal is not included and costs an additional $5. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per visit. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.