Participants learn how to use firearms properly and safely during concealed-carry or beginner handgun classes led by a licensed instructor
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
What’s included in the Permit to Carry Course:
- Six-hour course required to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit
- Classroom and range time
- Firearm rental and ammo not included
What’s included in the Beginner Handgun Class:
- Four- to five-hour classroom course on safe and responsible firearm handling
- Range time not included - available for purchase
Age restrictions: must be 20 or older for the Permit to Carry Course.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Online reservation required. Dates and class openings subject to availability. Each voucher is valid only for 1 course. Previous firearm experience required for Permit to Carry course. Beginner Handgun course is valid for class dates that do not include range time. Can purchase beginner classes with range time for an additional fee. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Firearm Safety and Education
Firearm Safety and Education describes exactly what the facility aims to do: provide educational lessons on the knowledge and safety that comes with owning a firearm. They teach several classes on a range of firearm safety topics, including permit to carry and personal protection. Here's a sample of what Firearm Safety and Education has to offer:
- Beginner Handgun: designed as an essential class for first-time gun owners, or a refresher course for those with some experience, the 4- to 5-hour class teaches the fundamental knowledge and skills for owning a pistol, including learning different gun types and how to safely handle a firearm
- Permit to Carry: the 6-hour course, which includes classroom and range time, focuses on the efficient use of a handgun for personal and family protection, as well as inform students on the law-abiding individual's right to self-defense, which includes lessons like home safety strategies and levels of awareness
- Defensive Handgun: broken down into two segments, the first teaches how to best utilize a handgun in a defensive situation like holster draw fundamentals and clearing malfunctions, while the second provides a platform to train in the use of a handgun in an active and dynamic environment, including concealment drawing and principles and tactics for moving with stability
- Personal Protection: classes developed in partnership with Conditioned Response that teach both the knowledge and skill needed to be safe and stay protected with or without a firearm, such as self-defense tactics for mental stability and fear management, as well as developing a home protection plan