Proceeds from the race go towards funding free activities in Plum Creek
What You'll Get
- Registration for the Front Porch Days 5k for One
- Registration for the Front Porch Days 10k for One
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 20, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Must register by 2 weeks before race date to guarantee your shirt. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About For the Love of Go
If you've run in a 5K held in the Austin area, you've probably met some of the runners and organizers of For the Love of Go. This nonprofit community running group dedicates its time to organizing affordable, accessible runs and walks in communities around the region, often in conjunction with other nonprofits and philanthropic organizations.
- Dash 4 Donuts: This four-mile footrace takes runners on a course that cuts through the streets of Old San Marcos. Held with the San Marcos Police Officers' Association, this race is notable for its novel first-place trophy: a grinning police bobblehead.
- Cinco De Mayo 5k/10K: Held in downtown Lockhart, these twin races celebrate Mexican cultural heritage and everyday athleticism alike.
- Front Porch Days 10K/5K/3K/1K: This foursome of races makes up the second event in the year-long Plum Creek Challenge. The longer three distances are chip-timed competitions, which take runners along the perimeter of Plum Creek Golf Course and through the streets of Kyle on their way back to Negley Elementary.